We are looking for a:
IT & Communications Specialist
Location: Pasadena plantApply Now
Acts as the liaison between business units and IT department; Participate with teams of Information Services staff and client department personnel in the implementation and maintenance of computer-based information systems & telecommunications system.
Provides maintenance of the telecommunications and computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. Responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
- Provide service and customer support during field visits;
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions;
- Produce timely and detailed service reports;
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols;
- Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organization;
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings;
- Interact with Corporate support in order to get demands done.
- Talk users through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues;
- troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults;
- Build positive relationships with users
- rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, such as software developers;
- Monitor all on site installation, repair, maintenance and test tasks
- monitor and maintain computer systems and networks;
- install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- replace parts as required;
- Document processes
- Take care of Service accounts such as Wireless Phone services, Corporate links, and Equipment Lease Agreements;
- Support the roll-out of new applications;
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Test and evaluate new technology;
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
- BS in Computer Science or similar with a minimum of 3 years of experience
Courses/ Specific Knowledge / Languages (for performing function)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server/Workstation)
- Microsoft Office Applications.