We are looking for a:
Sales Rep Household & Personal Care/Distribution
Location: Houston, TXApply Now
Responsible for management of sales of Oxiteno products through existing accounts and new businesses in Household & Personal Care (HPC) as well as selected Distributors, exploring new opportunities within and beyond core Oxiteno markets. Communicate effectively across all the functions in the company. Manage pricing in conjunction with Product management and all day-to-day account responsibilities (pipeline of opportunities, call reports, account plans, etc). High in travel approximately 40% of the total time. Previous experience in HPC Industry is required and knowledge of other surfactants applications like Food and Pharma is a plus.
- Analyze and understand overall market trends and forecasts and extent to which Oxiteno can and should leverage its position by product, segment, customer, and geography
- Provide thorough analysis by working with the field, to identify, assess, and qualify new or alternative customers for Oxiteno.
- Develop, maintain, and implement tactical and strategic plans that will support the businesses annual sales Budget.
- Develop and rigorously maintain a monthly and annual sales forecast
- Develop and nurture relationships with Oxiteno customers s to sell Oxiteno’s portfolio of solutions
- Be aware of regulatory changes, market trends, and changes in client needs that impact business opportunity.
- Define and develop new opportunities
- Develop, maintain and continually update market intelligence on market segments/customers and competitors position across the US.
- Recommend and manage optimal inventory stocking and management at customer sites if needed.
- Participate in commercial negotiations, such as pricing, incentives, service and conditions as needed
- Act as point of contact for fulfillment and order management issues between customer and Oxiteno
- Work with Marketing/Product Management to maintain a marketing intelligence reporting capability in order to keep abreast of market, customer, competitor and supplier trends
- Evaluate customer analytics and segmentation, understand customer buying patterns and market trends.
- Be aware of competitor practices.
- Aggregative Attitude: across functional teams; partnering and sharing information, experience and knowledge.
- Strategic Business Vision: to understand end goals of the project and impacts of work results.
- Innovation: propose alternatives, solutions, and optimization ideas not in previously foreseen.
- Business Excellence: proposes and implements improvements in the work methods in the area.
- Sense of ownership: feels owner of the process. Accountability for results.
- Resilient personality
- A strong positive “can do attitude”.
Key Interfaces (If Applicable)
- INPUT CONTACTS IN/OUTSIDE OF COMPANY
- BS degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or correlated is mandatory.
- Master’s in business or commercial area degree is a plus
- 5+ years of chemical sales experience, preferably in surfactants for House Care Industry.
- Experience dealing with Household and Personal Care applications for surfactants especially with Industrial and Institutional cleaning area. (1st and 2nd tiers).
- Knowledge of Food and Pharma markets will be considered a plus.
- Strong sales focus with a can do attitude.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and team working attitude. (experience in commercial cold calls)
- Outgoing personality with a desire to seek out new customers and sales opportunities.
- Self-driven and proactive.
- Ability to build synergy with technical and product development departments at a customer level to learn new trends or applications required.
- Track record in being effective with customer’s functional groups such as technology, production, planning and procurement.
- Positive track record portfolio in sales.
- Strong user of Office package – Windows
- Multilingual skills a plus.
- Availability to travel constantly (40 to 60% of the time)
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Multicultural work environment experience a plus
- Matrix organization experience a plus
- Oracle knowledge is a plus